Lara Longo MSW, RSW
- Master of Social Work, Laurentian University – Specialization in Trauma and Addictions Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Diploma in Art Psychotherapy, Toronto Art Therapy Institute
- Certified EMDR Therapist and Consultant in Training (Areas of Speciality include PTSD, C-PTSD, Recent Events, Addiction)
- Certified Founding Facilitator and Practitioner of Compassionate Inquiry with Dr. Gabor Mate
- Various Training in Cutting Edge Trauma Therapy Models including Internal Family Systems (IFS), Somatic Experiencing (SE) and The Comprehensive Resource Model (CRM)
- Qualified Clinical Supervisor for Registered Psychotherapists and Registered Social Workers.
- Certified Yoga Teacher, Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Yoga (Hatha Yoga)
- Trained in Trauma Sensitive Yoga and Mindfulness
- Registered member of the Ontario College of Social Workers
- Professional member of EMDR Canada and EMDRIA
- Professional member of the Canadian Art Therapy Association
- Bachelor of Fine Art (Visual Art), York University
Training and Experience
- 20 years experience practicing counselling and psychotherapy across a diverse range of settings and populations including youth and adults in schools, residential treatment, shelters, addiction treatment, community health, harm reduction and in private practice.
- 16 years experience working alongside Indigenous community as a counsellor, psychotherapist and ally.
- 20 years of personal study and practice of yoga and meditation.
- 13 years experience teaching trauma sensitive and recovery based yoga and mindfulness in various settings including addiction treatment centers, within Indigenous community, and community health centers.
- Ongoing commitment to professional development in order to continue to be aware of new developments in the field of psychotherapy, especially in the area of trauma, attachment and addiction.
- Regular participation in clinical and peer supervision sessions to preserve the integrity of the therapeutic process.
- Trauma Informed Therapy, EMDR, Internal Family Systems (IFS), Somatic Experiencing and Poly Vagal Informed Therapy, Compassionate Inquiry, Art Therapy, Trauma Sensitive Yoga and Mindfulness, Ancient Wisdom Teachings.
Lara offers individual and group therapy, consultation and supervision.