Lara Longo MSW, RSW
- Master of Social Work, Laurentian University – Specialization in Trauma and Addictions Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Diploma in Art Psychotherapy, Toronto Art Therapy Institute
- Certified EMDR Therapist (Areas of Speciality include PTSD, C-PTSD, Recent Events, Addiction)
- Certified Practitioner and Facilitator of Compassionate Inquiry with Dr. Gabor Mate
- Registered member of the Ontario College of Social Workers
- Professional member of the Ontario Association of Social Workers
- Professional member of EMDR Canada and EMDRIA
- Professional member of the Canadian Art Therapy Association
- Certified Yoga Teacher, Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Yoga (Hatha Yoga)
- Bachelor of Fine Art (Visual Art), York University
Training and Experience
- 17 years experience practicing counselling and psychotherapy across a diverse range of settings and populations including youth and adults in schools, residential treatment, shelters, addiction treatment, community health and harm reduction centres and in private practice.
- 13 years experience working alongside First Nation community as a counsellor, psychotherapist and ally.
- 17 years of personal study and practice of yoga, meditation and mindfulness.
- 12 years experience teaching trauma sensitive and recovery based yoga and mindfulness in various settings including addiction treatment centers, within Indigenous community, and community health centers.
- Ongoing commitment to professional development in order to continue to be aware of new developments in the field of psychotherapy, especially in the area of trauma, attachment, addiction and mental health .
- Regular participation in clinical and peer supervision sessions to preserve the integrity of the therapeutic process.
- Psychodynamic therapy, Compassionate Inquiry, EMDR, cognitive therapy, attachment-based therapy, addictions and trauma treatment, somatically oriented therapy, art therapy, mindfulness and yoga, ancient wisdom teachings.
Lara offers individual and couple’s therapy, circles/group therapy.